The Art curriculum at GMHS is divided into two sections: basic level and advanced level. The objectives for each section are as follow:
The main objectives for Basic section of the curriculum are:
- To teach students how to create representational works of art
- To teach basic terminology of art criticism and analysis
- To make students familiar with various important artworks from different time periods and places.
The main objectives for Advanced section of the curriculum are:
- To supplement the basic art education with more advanced materials and teaching approaches
- To introduce students with the vast tradition of visual arts and its place in contemporary world
- To facilitate students in their studies of other subjects such as English, History, and Cultural studies.